||сделать стартовой||добавить в избранное|
Bazarov: a lunatic or visionary?
For people communicating "sideways" вЂ“ i.e., to others at approximately the same level of organization вЂ“ behave differently, operate under very different pressures, than those who must communicate up and down a hierarchy. To illustrate, let us look at a typical work setting in which a traditional bureaucratic hierarchy operates. While still a young man I worked for a couple of years as a millwright's helper in a foundry. Here, in a great dark cavern of a building, thousands of men labored to produce automobile crankcase castings. The scene was Dantesque вЂ“ smoke and soot smeared our faces, black dirt covered the floors and filled the air, the pungent, choking smell of sulphur and burnt sand seared our nostrils. Overhead a creaking conveyor carried red hot castings and dripped hot sand on the men below. There were flashes of molten iron, the yellow flares of fires, and a lunatic cacophony of noises: men shouting, chains rattling, pug mills hammering, compressed air shrieking. To a stranger the scene appeared chaotic
1. Subjunctive (or conditional) mood
2. Should be press liable or not
3. “The Role of Smallpox Vaccination in Mortality Decline in the Great Britain through Eradicating the Disease between XVIII-XX centuries – Facts or a Political Arithmetick?”
4. Двенадцатая ночь, иди Что угодно (Twelfth Night; or, What You Hill)
5. The Ecological Crisis: A Myth or Reality